http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2979/mmc8.jpg This link will show you where and how your finger should move when learning the FTF technique. Thanks to Cphenom for putting this together.
A few notes about this particular technique....Medium sized reel is being used and the finger movement goes from 12 to 6. In order to maximize the buildup of the skill bar, you want to rapidly move your finger from 12 to 6 staying to the very outside of the reel. Once the reel leaves the "golden" status, more contact is being applied to the reel and a slightly slower swipe is used.
There are many uploaded videos about this technique on YouTube. Please watch some before continuing on. Just type in Full Tension Fishing and you will see the ingame screens.
Already coined as "High Tension Reeling" or "Full Tension Fishing" this technique works on the premise that you are consistently building up your special attack meter while dealing consistent damage to the fish as it gradually takes slack out. Depending on your stats you may be able to wrangle in a couple big ones as well. We can confirm this works both on iPhone and Android platforms and the technique will also prove to be successful while reeling in fish that "revive". We will provide you with a video in due time!
A couple of important things to remember while employing this technique are:
- Remember your finger cannot maintain contact with the screen, these are rapid short stroking successions. (Your finger must touch and release and etc.)
- This should feel rhythmic, depending on the state of the fish one should apply more rapid successions with shorter strokes if the fish appears unconscious (stunned).
- However if the fish is in an active state, one should use a less rapid succession.
- Ultimately, everyone has to get used to their own rhythm according to their stats and setup.
- Test this out on smaller fish before trying with a high monster fish and wasting expensive bait.
http://fishingsuperstar.blogspot.com/2013/07/full-tention-fishing.html (This page contains a list of rods that can, cannot, and used to be able to FTF). Things are constantly changing, but know this....Star rods from Star Seeker Sonic and above can, and always have been able to, FTF. You may find a high end gold rod that can do it, but don't be surprised if that changes quickly.
Please feel free to comment on this technique! I understand this may be VERY FRUSTRATING to master. However, the rewards are great, do not doubt yourself, and if it turns out you enjoy the game without this technique that is just fine.