There are many uploaded videos about this technique on YouTube. Please watch some before continuing on. Just type in Full Tention Fishing and you will see the ingame screens.
Already coined as "High Tension Reeling" or "Full Tension Fishing" this technique works on the premise that you are consistently building up your special attack meter while dealing consistent damage to the fish as it gradually takes slack out. Depending on your stats you may be able to wrangle in a couple big ones as well. We can confirm this works both on iPhone and Android platforms and the technique will also prove to be successful while reeling in fish that "revive". We will provide you with a video in due time!
A couple of important things to remember while employing this technique are:
- Remember your finger cannot maintain contact with the screen, these are rapid short stroking successions. (Your finger must touch and release and etc.)
- BE VERY AWARE TO HOLD ROD AS FISH DIVES! If you even move finger in slightest while fish is in the purple this breaks high tension and snaps the line.
- This should feel rhythmic, depending on the state of the fish one should apply more rapid successions with shorter strokes if the fish appears unconscious (stunned).
- However if the fish is in an active state, one should use a less rapid succession.
- Ultimately, everyone has to get used to their own rhythm according to their stats and setup.
- Test this out on smaller fish before trying with a high monster fish and wasting expensive bait.
- IMPORTANT TO NOTE! DO NOT waste your SPECIAL STUN move on a fish when it even near death. Hold on to your meter until it revives.
Please feel free to comment on this technique! I understand this may be VERY FRUSTRATING to master. However, the rewards are great, do not doubt yourself, and if it turns out you enjoy the game without this technique that is just fine. We merely intend to provide an alternate way for people to enhance their experience and if it is bothering you too much just put the phone down before you troll about it! Thank you ; )